The NAB AFL Auskick Rules are designed to ensure that participation in the game falls within the developmental philosophy of the program.
WHY NAB AFL AUSKICK RULES ARE MODIFIED
The AFL Auskick policy, designed by the best experts available to the AFL, aims to:
- Ensure a fun and safe environment
- Maximise participation, skill learning and development
- Offer rules and procedures appropriate to the children involved
- Involve appropriately accredited coaches
- Provide a logical, sequential transition from introductory level through to competitions at clubs and/or schools
- Be managed by the community
Playing ground, time and equipment The AFL Auskick policy is committed to a reduced playing area, playing time and suitably modified equipment to take the emphasis away from endurance and allow for greater skill development.
With smaller grounds, the players are encouraged to concentrate on the game, because the ball is never far away. Field sizes recommended are the optimum size and flexibility may be required to make best use of specific circumstances such as space available. In some cases, smaller fields may be more appropriate.