This policy aims to provide a basis for the responsible use and/or non use of alcohol by the Hallam Football Club and to avoid any incidents a people travel to or from the club and its events.
The Club understands and accepts its responsibility to the safety of our members and friends. The following requirements will apply when alcohol is served, either at the Club or during a Club function.
1. Bar staff shall encourage members and visitors to make alternate safe transports arrangements if they are considered to exceed .05 blood alcohol concentration (or .00 if probationary driver).
2. Telephone calls will be made free of charge to arrange a taxi or other transport.
3. Contact telephone numbers for taxi serves will be clearly displayed.
4. In specific cases, where a designated driver nominated by the Club has accepted the responsibility to drive others home safely, the Club will provide non alcoholic drinks and food free of charge.
5. Bar servers will be provided non alcoholic drinks and bar food free of charge by the Club (only for Club bar staff).
6. Where available Club transport will be provided to/from events held away from the Club.
7. A key register will be implemented.
8. Taxi vouchers will be considered as part of prizes/player awards.
9. The committee will pre-order taxis to arrive at the venue at the conclusion of the function.